We invite Parlour Collective practices to join the Marion’s List campaign by hosting an informal writing workshop in their studio(s). It is easy and fun! It is a great way to bring people together and support them to add their profile to Marion’s List. In doing so you also support Parlour and increase the visibility of women and non-binary people in the built environment professions.
How do we get started?
Read the overview of what is involved, register your interest, and start organising your workshop – click on the tabs to access detailed information and download the support material and collateral.
1. What is involved?
What & when? A one- or two-hour workshop in March 2023. Choose a time and date that suits – this could be lunchtime or after work for an open session, or an afternoon for an internal workshop.
Who? Invite your people and your networks. The workshop can be internal or open to all. We encourage you to include your consultants and wider professional networks if possible.
How? Kick off the event with one of our video clips about Marion’s List and a short discussion on how to write a good bio. The bulk of the event is a friendly, informal session of writing, sharing notes and encouragement – all with refreshments. After the session, share the outcomes with us and on your social media.
What do hosts need to provide?
- A pleasant space for people to get together and write / edit / upload their Marion’s List profile
- Simple but delicious catering to help people feel welcome and comfortable
- Seating / tables for people to work at, and power points / power boards for those who need to charge their devices
- Optional screen to show short video
- Optional photographer on hand – great support for those people who don’t have a good profile shot already
- Optional editorial support – for those who aren’t sure how to get started. Larger practices can support this through their marketing / comms people.
2. Register your interest
3. Make it happen!
Click on the tabs below to find out more about hosting a workshop, including step-by-step guides and excellent collateral.