Are you interested in improving gender equity and diversity in architecture? Get involved by submitting an EOI for the Australian Institute of Architects’ National Committee for Gender Equity.
The National Committee for Gender Equity (NCGE) is currently seeking Expressions of Interest from Australian Institute of Architects members who recognise the wide benefits of a diverse architectural profession and want to contribute to improving opportunities for all participants.
The key purpose of the NCGE is to undertake important work for the profession in the gender equity space. It does this through the implementation of the Institute’s Gender Equity Policy and, as a result, the NCGE recommends and shapes positive actions, initiatives and programs that promote and engender equitable prospects, conditions and outcomes in architectural practice and beyond.
As well as overseeing the Paula Whitman Prize for Leadership in Gender Equity, the NCGE works across a series of short-term and ongoing projects to be undertaken by different teams, including:
- Gender Equity accreditation system for practices
- Interacting with allied associations, organisations and disciplines for learning and collaborations
- Reviewing Institute policies and identifying gaps related to gender equity
- Promoting women leaders from across the profession
- Organising events to discuss and present information relating to gender equity topics
Applicants from a range of backgrounds, both male and female, are encouraged to apply – in particular, the NCGE is looking to recruit Institute members with experience or interest in the following roles:
- Marketing and communications
- Policy writing and review
- Project management
All applicants should have the capacity to contribute ideas and energy to the activities and projects of the committee.
The NCGE meets monthly via a one-hour teleconference, culminating in a face-to-face meeting annually held in May and located in Melbourne that also marks the commencement of the new term of the committee.
For more information on the policy and current initiatives, visit the Institute website here.
How to apply
Expressions of interests are now open. If you are interested, simply:
- Forward a one-page cover letter detailing why you would be a valuable member of the National Committee for Gender Equity and what knowledge or experience you would bring;
- Attach your CV or a link to your CV if available online;
- Submit your application by email to
Closing date for the EOI is Friday, 26 April 2019.