Sessions from the 2021 Housing Assembly Symposium: Creating Socially Valuable Housing are now available online.
The 2021 ABP Symposium is part of the University of Melbourne, Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning’s annual program of events and was delivered in collaboration with the Hallmark Research Initiative for Affordable Housing (HRIAH).
The Symposium brought together people with lived experience, global experts, industry, government, community and researchers to share knowledge and advancements in the field. You can view all sessions here.
Keynote speakers & sessions
- Saskia Sassen – Robert S. Lynd Professor, Department of Sociology, Columbia University | Housing and Inequality | Watch Now
- Kurt Hofstetter – New Social Living Coordinator, IBA Vienna | Vienna IBA – Demonstration Projects as an Instigator for Facilitating Change and Social Value in the Housing Sector | Watch Now
- Emma Power – Senior Lecturer, School of Social Sciences and Institute Fellow of Institute for Culture and Society, Western Sydney University | Housing as an Infrastructure of Care | Watch Now
- Michael Maltzan – Founder and Principal Architect – Michael Maltzan Architecture | Los Angeles – The Architecture of Michael Maltzan | Watch Now
- Barbara Penner – Professor of Architectural Humanities, Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London | A new Deal Legacy: Race and Fair Housing in America | Watch Now